Auto Insurance Quote
Use this FREE self-help tool to quickly shop for the best auto insurance rates available, right online.
Start With a Free Custom Quote
Unlike many other home insurance websites you may have come across, Kathy Bayes Insurance Agency will NEVER sell your information. That means you get fast and accurate quotes without any hassle.
What You Get
The state of Texas requires that you carry 30/60/25. Which means if you are in an accident and found to be at fault your policy will pay up to $30,0000 for injury per person (in the other vehicle), $60,0000 max per accident, and $25,000 for property damage ex: the other person’s car or property damaged in the accident.
Standard Auto Policy
This coverage pays for your medical cost as the result of an accident where the other party is at fault but does not have insurance or does not have enough insurance to cover your medical cost or the damage to your vehicle.
Premium Coverage / Full Coverage
- Liability coverage enhanced. For example the state only requires you carry 30/60/25 but you can select higher limits up to 250/500/250. This protects you from being sued if you are in an accident and only carry minimum limits and the other party’s injuries from the accident exceed the policy limits of $30,000 or the limits on your policy. For example you are in an accident and are at fault and only carry 30/60/25, if the other party has injuries that are $100,000 your policy will only pay out $30,000 so that means you are liability for the rest of the medical cost and can be sued by the other party to collect the difference.
- There are also Uninsurance/Underinsured Motorist Coverage at higher limits that can be selected on a policy.
- Comprehensive is coverage for any glass damage done to your vehicle (low deductible or no deductible options available with certain companies), also coverage for weather related losses ex: hail or a tree falls on your vehicle.
- Collision is coverage to your vehicle if you are involved in an accident. The policy will pay for your vehicle to get repaired minus the deductible listed on the policy. If your vehicle is a total loss the policy will pay blue book value for the vehicle minus the deductible.
- Towing/Labor or Roadside Assistance. This pays for your vehicle to be towed if you break down, run out of gas, or lock your keys out of your vehicle. If you break down it pays reasonable towing cost to tow your vehicle to the nearest repair facility.
- Rental. This pays for you to have a rental vehicle if you are in an accident or your vehicle is being repaired from a covered claim. It will pay a certain amount per day and per limit listed on your policy.
- PIP (Personal Injury Protection) This will pay for any injury you sustain in an accident regardless of fault. It will also pay for injury caused by your vehicle while not in movement. For example you break your hand by accidentally slamming it in the car door. Your policy will pay for your medical cost listed on your policy. This will also pay for medical costs for any passengers in your vehicle even if they are not listed on your policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
What areas of Texas do you serve?
Our main focus is Bastrop and the surrounding areas but we can write insurance anywhere in the state of Texas. We have customers all throughout the state and are happy to serve anyone anywhere in Texas.
Do you write auto insurance even if someone doesn’t have a license or has a suspended license?
Yes, we have companies that will insure you even if you don’t have a license, have an expired license or have a suspended license.
What is an SR22?
A SR22 is simply providing proof to the state that you have insurance and maintain that insurance. Just because you require an SR22 does not necessarily mean your rate will be higher, it just means you have to show proof that you carry insurance. You may be required to carry an SR22 because you have a traffic violation or several traffic violations but we can help you get back on the right track with your driving habits.
What is a “Peril” on a Homeowners policy?
A Peril is simply a loss that is covered by your policy. For example Fire, Wind, Lightning, and Hail are all Peril’s.
Does my homeowners policy cover my appliances for my house, like an air conditioner?
No, your policy will not cover having your air conditioner or other appliances replaced for mechanical breakdown. However, some companies will allow us to endorse your policy to add coverage to appliances on a limited basis.
What is an Umbrella Policy?
An Umbrella policy is like a blanket for insurance. Think of an umbrella policy as an umbrella or a blanket. An Umbrella covers cost if a claim is filed and the insurance company has already paid your policy limits but is not enough to cover the cost of the claim. It protects someone from suing you if your Auto, Home, or Business insurance does not fully cover the cost of a claim.
Individual & Umbrella Policies
You have options! Browse Standard and Premium Plans.
Protect your family and your vehicles.
Blanket coverage that pays out if you exceed your policy limits.
“Kathy Bayes Insurance was able to find us insurance on our land in Bastrop after we had been told by several other companies that no one would write a policy. She;s easy to work with affordable. Highly recommend!”
– Ellen Bearicks
“I have used Kathy Bayes as my insurance agent since I moved to Bastrop in 2000. She has helped me get the best coverages at the lowest prices on my business, home and automobiles. Each year my policy comes up for review, she and her staff look at it to make sure I am still getting the best rates possible. I am a Realtor and always suggest my clients call Kathy Bayes Insurance for a quote on what they are purchasing.”
– Jana Hellbusch
“I used Kathy for years when I lived in the Bastorp area and continue to call her every time I need insurance even though I have moved to Georgetown. She always finds me the lowest rate on both my personal property and my rentals. …I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone needing homeowners or business insurance.
– Steve Kinsey
Protection for Texans
Get In Touch
Use the quick and easy form below to receive FREE advice regarding any Insurance related topics.
Local: (512) 303-3008
1108 Main St
Bastrop, TX 78602
Monday - Friday
9:00am - 5:00pm